Fuel Cell Trainer
The Fuel Cell Trainer is ideal for teaching the basic engineering principles of PEM fuel cell systems. Extensive experimenting capabilities and comprehensive and revised instruction material with predefined experiments make it a complete instruction package.
All components of the fuel cell system are displayed individually. Integrated displays for operating parameters support the instruction. The Fuel Cell Trainer modularity allows to easily adapt the difficulty level. The system can be operated by inexperienced users. The included software enables computer aided measuring and experimentation.
- New design for better teaching of engineering subjects
- USB interface for easy plug-and-play installation
- Improved instruction material for teachers and students
- New experimentation software and measurement data acquisition
- New quick guides for a fast introduction to the
- experiment setups and functions
- Structure and operating principle of a fuel cell system
- Characteristic curves and efficiency ratings
- System and power electronics
Areas of Application
Suitable for lectures and hands-on training in the following areas:
- Electrical engineering
- Energy engineering
- Process engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive engineering
The instruction material provided includes the textbook “Fuel Cell Systems Explained”, with detailed information about all aspects of the fuel cell, in addition to a detailed experiment manual.
- Characteristic curves and efficiency curves
- Dependence of output on temperature and air supply
- Hydrogen/ current Characteristic curve
- Efficiency of the fuel cell stack
- System efficiency of a fuel cell system
- Interdependent power supply and working range of a fuel cell
- Sample application for fuel cell car: Fuel consumption and load profile
The included software provides support for the experiments in the manual.
The software allows for recording and exporting of data. The visualisation of the measuring instruments facilitates using the Fuel Cell Trainer in front of larger groups or in a lecture room when using a projector.
- Visualization of the measuring instruments
- Chronological recording and visualization of the measured values
- Computer-supported execution of experiments
- Fully automated experiments
Fuel Cell Module
A 50 W fuel cell stack with a fuel cell controller, hydrogen flow meter and air supply, as well as five LED displays for visualization of all essential system parameters (current, voltage, temperature, fuel and air supply).
Electronic Load Module
The electronic load enables manual or computer.assisted adjustment of constant rated currents for the fuel cell for recording characteristic curves. With LED power display.
DC/ DC Converter Module
The module converts the unregulated output voltage of the fuel cell to 12 V DC voltage and can be used for an autonomous power supply to operated 12 V consumers. With LCD displays for useful power and internal consumption of the fuel cell system.
Traffic Light Module
The LED traffic light is a realistic sample consumer on a 12 V basis at the output of the DC/DC converter.
H2 Storage Module
The metal hydride canister as Fuel Cell Trainer module with a two-storage pressure reducer provides convenient hydrogen supply to the fuel cell for an entire practicum day without compressed gas canisters or the hydrogen generator.
H2 Connection Kit
Pressure reducer for 200 bar standard compressed gas cylinders with connecting tube and adapter in two variants for direct supply of the fuel cell or filling of the metal hydride canister.
Hydrogen Generator HG30
The PEM electrolyzer enables the convenient generation of hydrogen as needed. It is used instead of a compressed gas cylinder for filling the metal hydride canisters. The system has an integrated safety shut-off with leak detection.
Fuel Cell Trainer
Item No. 693
- Fuel Cell Module
- Electronic Load Module
- DC/DC Converter Module
- Traffic Light Module
- H2 Storage Module
- Instruction Material and Software
- Textbook Fuel Cell Systems Explained
Item No. 631
- H2 Connection Kit 200 bar
- Pressure regulator for refilling H2 Storage Module